Friday 2 September 2011

Clementi Food Centre: Nam Kee Fried Prawn Noodle

At the last of the list of food that Makan Boy ate during his visit here at Clementi Food Centre: the hugely popular Nam Kee Fried Prawn Noodle (well, at least popular in Clementi Food Centre). Fried hokkien mee is one of my favourite foods so it's a must on my to-try list. They only open during two intervals i.e. 11.30 am to 3 pm and 4.30 pm to 9 pm and they are closed on mondays. Since my friend and I were there around 4 pm, we had to wait for the stall to open again. Hmm, I reckon they must be living somewhere close and had probably went back home for a nap or something. There were others waiting as well and you could see them sitting at the tables near the stall (I could see the impatient look on their faces. They can't wait to get their hands on the prawn noodle). 

Sure enough, around 4.30 pm the stall uncle and his helpers arrived and immediately we ordered our prawn noodle. The auntie kept asking whether we can wait because it will take a while. Of course we can wait. After all, we have already waited for half an hour so waiting a bit more won't kill us. 


It was lucky we came earlier so we didn't have to wait for a very long time. Our prawn noodle ($4) arrived within 5 to 10 mins. I could already see a bunch of people ordering and the crowd slowly forming as they wait for their orders.


The style of this prawn noodle is not so wet as compared to other stalls. The number of prawns weren't a lot (just 3). But the highlight was their sotong. The sotong had a great chew to it. It was sliced thick but it wasn't like rubber where you have a hard time just trying to bite. Instead you can bite through it cleanly and that was why I had a great meal just based on the fact that the sotong was fantastic.

Verdict:
Definitely a must try if you are in the vicinity. Be prepared to wait as there can be a lot of people ordering. The sotong is enough for me to want to go back for another round. Overall, yes, the prawn noodles tasted good. I wouldn't say fabulous but better than average.

P.S.
So this marked the end of my food trip over at Clementi Food Centre. There are other stalls which I haven't try yet such as the Tanglin Halt Western Food which also garner quite a lot of attention. I shall make another appearance here sometime again. Muahahahah!

Nam Kee Fried Prawn Noodle
Clementi 448 Market & Food Centre
Blk 448, Clementi Ave 3 #01-19
Singapore 120448

11.30am-3pm; 4.30pm-9pm; Closed on Mondays`

No comments:

Post a Comment