Thursday 18 August 2011

Char-Grill Bar

So the story goes on this fine night, me, Makan Boy, decided to indulge myself again in my cravings for beef. One outlet that never fails to satisfy me is this particular Char-Grill Bar located at a kopitiam over at Blk 491 Jurong West Ave 1. 


The concept of Char-Grill Bar is strikingly similar to that of Botak Jones and Astons. They all serve western food at reasonably prices. Of course, in terms of atmosphere, Astons would top this category since most (not all) of their outlets are air-conditioned restaurants. But Makan Boy does not give this any damn as long as the food is good enough overwrite this category.


The menu that they serve is pretty decent in general but the real gem of all is their Beef Tenderloin Steak. I like my beef steak served medium rare because I don't like my beef steak to be too hard and chewy. I wouldn't like my jaw muscles to be too developed from all that chewing on that rubber beef steak, would I? Anyway, I believe that even if the tenderloin steak is cooked medium it would still be tender enough. If somehow you are able to take the tender out of tenderloin and turn it into a chewy slab of rubber that no one wants to even touch, I would definitely give credits to you. You have all the makings of a good chef. 


All right, enough of the bullshit and quickly move on you say? Yes sir, right away. The queue is not exceptionally long and within a short while, my beloved tenderloin steak has arrived in a befittingly shaped hotplate.


One slice of the knife and it cuts through the beef smoothly, that's how it should be my friend. The meat is unlike that of other beef cuts which is more fatty. The important part of beef steaks is the marbled aka fats portions. They make the steaks taste juicy and succulent especially when the fats melt in your mouth. I can see all the health conscious people out there dropping dead at the thought of this but really, the best steaks are those with the highest marbling grading meaning they have the highest fat content.

Even though the tenderloin has minimal if any marbling, I dare say it's still able to give a tough fight against those prime beef cuts. So yes, I totally enjoy every bite and taste of my tenderloin steak. The soft and tender quality of the tenderloin steak appeal to my taste buds with no objection at all. The sauce with the onions are also not overly salty which complements the steak perfectly.  Oh, did I mention that their coleslaw is surprisingly good as well?


Verdict:
I would definitely recommend this outlet to all those meat-lovers out there. Yeah, you know who you are. There's definitely value for money since their prices are not over the mountain. Besides for those looking to slap some meat on their frame and those training for strength, red meat is an excellent source of protein, and creatine which is a potent strength booster. 

P.s. Not all Char-Grill Bar outlets sell tenderloin steaks. Some sell t-bone steaks instead but I'm sure the one at Jurong West sells tenderloin steaks. 

Char Grill Bar (located at kopitiam)
Blk 491 Jurong West Ave 1 Singapore 640491

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete