Friday 26 August 2011

Geylang Food Trail: Fried Hokkien Mee

Next stop of this Geylang Food trail: Fried Hokkien Mee over at the junction of Lor 15 near Sims Ave. The reason why Makan Boy wanted to try out this stall is because of some reviews that praised this stall. Not much reviews but still no harm trying. It is located over at Tai Say eating house.

The stall didn't have a name ( I asked the stall owner and he said no name). But oh well, if the food is good who cares right? I got the smallest serving of fried hokkien mee ($3). 

No name fried hokkien mee?
The hokkien mee was slightly more wet than some of the other stalls but not as wet as Thye Hong's. Taste definitely loses out as well to Thye Hong. I think their prawns were not as fresh too. Maybe I'm being too picky since fried hokkien mee is my favourite dish so I usually have very high expectations.



Verdict:
Nothing to rave about this stall in my honest opinion. It tastes pretty average.

Fried Hokkien Mee
116 Sims Ave S387440
5pm - 1am


No comments:

Post a Comment