Wednesday 31 August 2011

Clementi Food Centre: Boon Kee Wanton Mee

Recently, my friend decided to go around with me to taste some of the stalls at Clementi Hawker Centre. In this new series of posts, I will explore some of the food I ate over at Clementi Hawker Centre. First on the list, Boon Kee Wanton Mee. There was a considerable queue and my friend said that there's always a long queue here. So I thought the wanton mee must be really good to attract those long queues everyday isn't it?


Well, Makan Boy was wrong again. We ordered two plates of wanton mee, one with chilli, the other none. I tried both of it and frankly I can't seem to taste what was so special about this particular wanton mee from this particular stall that can make those people queue just to buy it. Maybe it's just a case of monkey see monkey do. People queuing so it must be good, that sort of mentality .

Boon Kee wanton mee ($2.50)
Anyway, the wanton mee tasted average at best to me. I have tasted much better wanton mee so it might have influenced my judgment as well.


Verdict:
Nothing special. There's another pontian wanton mee stall at Clementi Food Centre (I didn't try it). I had tried the same outlet over at Jurong Point some time ago but it cannot be compared to the one I had over at Pontian, Malaysia: Pontian Heng Heng Wanton Mee. Now that's the real deal. Not those other pontian wanton mee stalls in Singapore.

Boon Kee Wanton Mee
Clementi 448 Market & Food Centre
Blk 448, Clementi Ave 3
Singapore 120448

No comments:

Post a Comment