Sunday 28 August 2011

Golden Mile Food Centre : Chung Cheng Chilli Mee

Next up on Makan Boy's food tour in Golden Mile Food Centre, Chung Cheng Chilli Mee. Have you heard of chilli mee? Neither have I. Well, chilli mee is actually just 'dry' prawn mee mixed with their specially made chilli paste. 


They sell chilli mee, pork ribs mee and laksa but since chilli mee is their specialty, I intended to try just that. There's prawns, fish cakes, half a hard boiled egg, some tau pork and even pork ribs. And it comes with a bowl of the prawn soup. 


The chilli itself is fragrant and spicy enough to set a fire in my mouth. Ok, I'm exaggerating. But funny enough, the star of this dish was not the chilli itself. It's the pork ribs. Boy the pork ribs were damn good. I think their pork ribs noodles would taste just as fantastic if not better. SImply because the ribs were tender and soft to chew on. Beautiful. 

Chilli Mee ($3)

Verdict:
Considering that I'm not much a chilli guy, I might be biased in my review of this. But I truly think that the pork ribs itself outshone the rest of everything in the chilli mee. So, overall I still think it's good but I would order their pork ribs noodles next time to find out just how good that it might be. For the chilli fans, I'm sure this chilli mee would be right for your taste. Go try it!

Chung Cheng Chilli Mee
505 Beach Road #01-59 S199588
Golden Mile Food Centre
8.30am – 8.30pm (Closed on Tuesdays)


No comments:

Post a Comment